What is Avon Youth Community & Family Services Inc?
Avon Youth Community & Family Services Inc. is a non-government not-for-profit, community based organisation. Established in 1985 and changing to its current inception in December 2004 as Northam Youth Outreach and operated as a drop in centre. Since those early days, it has expanded to provide a diverse range of services to the community in the wheatbelt, Western Australia. Based in Northam, we have outreach branches in Narrogin, Merredin and Moora. The organisation is governed by a Board which is elected annually by its community membership. The board is made up of local community members. We now operate across the Avon and Wheatbelt regions.
The purpose of Avon Youth Community & Family Services Inc is:
- To organise and develop projects, programs, and activities for the benefit of disadvantaged young people
- To encourage and facilitate trust, self-worth and sociability in young people.
- To promote and encourage good relationships between young people of different racial backgrounds
- To improve community awareness of the needs of young people particularly those who are disadvantaged or at risk.
- To liaise with other agencies to develop skilled training, employment and life skills/To offer support to families
- To advocate for young people and provide one-on-one case management support.
As one of the largest agencies in the Avon area which has an exclusively youth and family specific focus, AYCFS Inc. is widely recognised throughout the community sector. Our organisation derives its current funding from a variety of sources on both a state and federal government level to operate and manage out various programs.